Tuesday 20 November 2007

Dance or warm at home

Since recently I have started to go to dancing classes on Mondays. It is contemporary and jazz dance. I had taken contemporary dance before when I was in Uni a long time ago.
I enjoy the class although I am not as flexible or graceful as before.

But yesterday I felt really bad. I had a quarrel with Suresh (yes, regarding future, parents, marriage) and I couldn't make myself go.

I should have gone to my class. In Mexico I was quite active and had tennis classes, French, Italian, gym, many activities, but here I have to convince myself to leave home and go.

I tell myself it's the weather which has been cold and rainy, but I think it's more than that. Now that November is here and feels already like winter, there hasn't been sunshine and it's getting dark very early. They call it seasonal affective disorder (SAD) or winter depression. These seasonal mood variations are believed to be related to light and one of the symptoms is you may not feel depressed, but rather lack energy to perform everyday activities.

That's me. I feel extra lazy this time of the year and at 5 PM since it's dark outside I'd rather go home, have a soup and read under the duvet (who am I kidding? I meant watch TV).

Today I am supposed to go to the gym but that requires the extra effort to walk 20 minutes back home. If it's raining and cold I know I won't go. What can I do to push myself to go?

By the way the time spent at home last evening was not all lost. I talked to my dear Suresh and we made up so we are now like "bread and butter" as Forrest Gump used to say in the spanish version.

No comments: